Cutwater XL Wooden Paddleboard - Frame Kit - FREE international shipping
This product is unavailable
The Cutwater XL is a bigger version of the Cutwater and designed to take a 115kg or 260lb load. It is an ideal board for beginners and intermediate paddlers as well expert paddlers looking for a board to slow down and enjoy the ride.
Length - 12.5 feet / 381cm
Width - 31 inches / 78.9cm
Weight - 32 lb / 14.5kg
The Cutwater XL is the perfect combination of visually appealing classic looks, modern lightweight construction and paddling performance. With excellent speed and stability the Cutwater is designed for all paddlers and can be used for touring, fishing, lakes, rivers and coastal paddling in good conditions.
Get on the water faster with a pre-cut frame kit
Our CNC cut frame kits save you hours of marking out and cutting the intricate computer designed frames Our frames kits mean you can build your board faster, more accurate and lighter than building from plans.
Frame kit inclusions...
- 10x precision CNC cut frames + transom
- 2x butt blocks for joining the hull sides
- 4x glue spreaders
- 4x epoxy filleting tools
- copper wire for stitching hull
- cups for mixing epoxy
- ziplock bags for epoxy fillets
- printed colour construction manual
There are two frame kit plywood options...
- Okoume marine plywood - BS1088 standard marine plywood for a slightly lighter board.
- Premium exterior plywood - for the budget conscious paddler
Note: I have built all my boards from exterior grade plywood using epoxy and fibreglass and they have been long lasting, light and durable. But the choice is yours!
In addition to your frame kit you will need...
- 3 sheets of 3mm plywood for the hull sides, bottom panel and deck.
- 2L of epoxy resin
- 20m of 50mm wide fibreglass tape
- gluing & filleting powder
- sandpaper, brushes, gloves mixing cups etc.
Read our blog post on why you can build a board with exterior grade plywood here...
Have a question about building your own classic paddle board? Get in touch via the form below or email me direct at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whether building from a frame kit or plans you'll love building and paddling your Cutwater 12.5... just make sure you're ready for all the attention it gets!